Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cultural Hysteria Installation by MarioZecca -- LEA15

Welcome to the first installment of the Cultural Hysteria Installation by MarioZecca. 
This is an ongoing art installation, so come back once a month to see new additions to the sim.  
Join the Cultural Hysteria group to be notified!




Opening Date: October 4th
Location:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA15/97/106/21

Exhibit One - The ground level

For best results and viewing walk around the entire region, increase draw distance and cam at an up angle to see all. Changing the day cycle to night and other positions makes for both subtle and vivid visual experience. Try to decipher the images in the colors. Enjoy.

Details

    The  name Cultural Hysteria will become evident in the platform sims to come. The plan is to add one sky platform sim per month as well as have music, dance and poetry events. Notices will be sent out through the art announcement groups, but to be sure you don’t miss out if you are interested, join the Cultural Hysteria Group.

    Art history has evolved into fractured eclecticism or an always tortured traditionalism. Varied combinations of styles or pushing a tradition to another level succeeds in originality. That is my aim in art, to take what inspires me and combine or stretch its boundaries. My reward is the life affirming creative process!

    The approach I used on the images in my installation, that is the textures in the 3D prims, were derived from a process of  automatic drawing. I used color or scribbles to create a texture or area and then allowed the images to arise. These are images that I have “drawn” from my imagination, the feedback from a lifetime of studying while I enjoyed cartoons, comic books, illustration and academic drawing. While building the installation here I had my avi walk around to get the walking point of view and perspective. My goal is to share and convey, in the form of an immersive visual environment, the unknown, undocumented and unmeasured language of art.

    I am a life-long artist, dabbling, delving and digging into and even succeeding occasionally in every form of art, from drawing, painting, literature design, illustration, video and musical performance, song writing, miniature sculpture, poetry in its widest definition. The only thing I have not done is dance professionally, and there is always hope. In second life I have had many shows and readings, poetry, prose and lectures on RP, ran the Alemzi Gallery for three years and hosted many events. My CV is available on request.

I wish to thank the LEA Artist Grant Program and volunteer staff for providing this opportunity.

Art is truly life sustaining!
Mario Zecca






No comments:

Post a Comment